Crazy Royal Decoration Athlete Magarun Shaft
Crazy introduces their all new Royal Decoration Athlete line of shafts. While the Crazy Royal Decoration line has been known to be a light weight and built of the average swing speed golfers, the new Athlete model is built with the aggressive and faster swingers in mind.
The RD Athlete Magnarun model is designed for the aggressive swinger that wants a flatter trajectory with low spin. The Magnarun model has a slightly stiffer tip section than the other 2 RD Athlete model shafts and is designed to keep the left side out of play.
It allows the aggressive swinger to swing away without worrying about timing of the head.
Crazy is one of Japan's top aftermarket shaft makers specializing in high modulus carbon shafts.
Crazy believes in creating the best performing shafts only from the best carbon available in Japan.
Crazy uses 40t to 80t (depending on the model) full sheets of hand rolled carbon in all their shafts.
So how does carbon grading work? Shafts are created with carbon fibers weaved together, and these fibers are measured by their modulus of elasticity in tension. Typical golf shafts are around 24t or 30t, the measurement of tensile strength. These lower grade shafts are more flexible and because of this the shaft is slow to regain its original shape on the downswing creating inconsistent impact where a player must rely heavily on timing due to the flexibility of the shaft.
As the tensile strength increases, the carbon weaves are more dense, more rigid and return more quickly to their original shape. The flex and rebound of the shaft becomes more predictable equaling more consistent shots and much tighter dispersion. The higher tensile ratings ratings in golf shafts are also related to the higher grades containing more glass and metal particles which are more rigid and lower grades containing more flexible rubber particles. Part of the reason why Crazy shafts are so explosive are that, even though they use those tightly weaved, denser carbon weaves, they create shafts with very active and thinner sections which lead to very high action (but controlled) in the shaft.
Carbon shafts 40t and higher are considered high grade and different graded carbon performs differently in every model.
All Crazy shafts have always been known to spin very low and the new models are no exception.
It all comes down to finding the right model which matches your swing style and speed and give you the performance you want.
THESE ARE APPROXIMATES and also depend on your swing style!
L - <70mph
R3 - 70-80mph
R2 - 75-85mph
Regular - 80-88MPH
Stiff/Regular - 86-96mph
XX- 115 and up
We are always here to help you choose the right Crazy Shaft, please contact us if you need more help.
- Romaro 2014 Alcobaca Stream Forged WedgeSpecial Price $183.75 Regular Price $210.00
- Romaro Ray SX-R Forged WedgeSpecial Price $183.75 Regular Price $215.00
- Crazy Royal Decoration Athlete Fairway Wood ShaftSpecial Price $472.50 Regular Price $495.00
- Crazy Royal Decoration Athlete Type-A Super Speed ShaftSpecial Price $651.00 Regular Price $675.00
- ONOFF 2015 Kuro DriverSpecial Price $656.25 Regular Price $800.00
- ONOFF 2015 Fairway Arms Kuro Fairway WoodSpecial Price $341.25 Regular Price $420.00
- Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Japan Limited 10th Anniversary S Series ShaftSpecial Price $309.75 Regular Price $475.00
- ONOFF 2015 Fairway Wings KURO Utility WoodSpecial Price $252.00 Regular Price $310.00
- Crazy Longest Yard 01 FW EvolutionSpecial Price $472.50 Regular Price $495.00
- Crazy Black Tour La Bomba Driver ShaftSpecial Price $630.00 Regular Price $650.00