Ryoma U Utility
Ryoma is already known for creating one the easiest and longest drivers to ever be available in Japan. They followed that up by releasing a fairway wood that was as long as drivers from other brands. Golfers wanted more and urged Ryoma to add a utility to their lineup and they complied.
Ryoma is proud to introduce the all new Ryoma U. The Ryoma U is not only designed to be easy to play but to also create distance unlike no other utility. Those who struggle with long irons or simply prefer to hit utilities over irons and fairway woods will immediately be drawn to the same technologies that made the Maxima driver and D-1 fairway wood so successful.
Ryoma designed the Ryoma U with the same DSI or Deep Strong Impact concept. The huge 60g weight that is present in the back of Ryoma drivers and fairway woods makes its way into the Ryoma U creating a CG position like no other. To help control spin and trajectory, another 60g spin control unit is placed forward behind the face. The 60g weight in the back not only creates a humongous sweet spot but as with the driver and FW, is heavier than a golf ball which creates a huge repulsion force at impact.
The Forged Titanium face and crown help create a soft elastic sponge like feel, and coupled with a stronger stainless steel body, the Ryoma U creates maximum energy transfer at impact.
Ryoma spent almost all of 2013 working on the right shape and size and design for the new Ryoma U and in their testing put the Ryoma U up against many of Japan's best utilities. Their final test before release saw the Ryoma U go against the most highly rated distance utility (who shall go unamed) and a test group of 20+ golfers with varying skill levels. The same loft AND shaft were used for both the Ryoma U and competitor in all cases and the Ryoma U ended up not only being easier to hit but also out distancing the top rated competitor by 10-15 yards!
Ryoma decided that thanks to the huge distance the Ryoma U produced, they would offer the U in 21 24 and 27* lofts. Some may be disappointed that there is no 18* but Ryoma's reasoning is that the 21* is capable of being as long or longer than most 18* utilities in golf.
Ryoma has matched a specially designed Tour AD Ryoma U shaft in 4 variable flexes which increases in weight and decrease in torque as the flex becomes stiffer. (ie 4u weights and swing weights respectively, R2 337g D1, R 339g D1, SR 347g D1.5, S 365g D2)
R2 Flex (Soft Regular) is a soft regular recommended for those who swing from 32m/s to 38m/s (72 - 85mph) or a driver distance of about 180-210y.
R Flex is recommended for those who swing 36m/s to 42m/s (82 - 94mph) or a driver distance of about 200-230y.
SR Flex (Stiff Regular) is for those who swing between 39m/s to 44m/s (87mph to 99mph) or are usually regular flex but more aggressive and have a driver distance of about 220-250y.
S Flex is the heaviest shaft and is for those who swing between 42m/s to 50m/s (94mph to 110mph) or a driver distance of about 240-280y.
The above distances and recommendations are approximates as every player is different. The wider ranges are there to take into account different swing styles and tempos and transitions.
For those who require heavier or stronger shafts, the Ryoma U is available as heads only and can also be custom made with optional upgrade shafts from TSG.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RYOMA UTILITY WILL BEGIN SHIPPING OUT MID TO LATE APRIL 2014 DUE TO HEAVY DEMAND. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND PRE ORDERING THE CLUB AS ORDERS WILL BE FILLED IN THE ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED.
.355 tip size
- Ryoma F Fairway WoodSpecial Price $522.50 Regular Price $550.00
- Modart MA01F Fairway WoodSpecial Price $265.00 Regular Price $280.00
- Crazy STP Utility ShaftSpecial Price $255.00 Regular Price $320.00
- TRPX UT Shaft$250.00
- TRPX Air Driver Shaft$550.00
- 2016 Ryoma Maxima Driver - Type VSpecial Price $760.00 Regular Price $800.00
- Ryoma 2014 P3 PutterSpecial Price $472.50 Regular Price $500.00
- Nippon NS PRO 950GH HT Steel Shaft SetSpecial Price $183.75 Regular Price $240.00
- Ryoma 2014 M3 PutterSpecial Price $472.50 Regular Price $500.00
- Yururi Seida Black WedgeSpecial Price $130.00 Regular Price $180.00
- Crazy Longest Yard 01 FW EvolutionSpecial Price $395.00 Regular Price $495.00
- Rilakkuma Knit Driver Covers$51.50
- Crazy Black Tour La Bomba Driver ShaftSpecial Price $520.00 Regular Price $650.00
- Crazy Toyoshima 104W Wedges by TSG Club WorksSpecial Price $420.00 Regular Price $500.00
- Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana New Thump Fairway Wood ShaftSpecial Price $175.00 Regular Price $250.00
- Ryoma Weight Screw Kits$60.00
- Ryoma Maxima Special Tuning Driver - Super Black IPSpecial Price $1,083.00 Regular Price $1,140.00
- Geotech Quelot RE16 A-SPEC Premium Limited DriverSpecial Price $661.50 Regular Price $700.00
- Ryoma Maxima Special Tuning Driver - Super MirrorSpecial Price $1,030.75 Regular Price $1,085.00
- jBeam BM 535 Driver$600.00
- XROZ GripSpecial Price $18.90 Regular Price $20.00
- Crazy CRZ Full Titan Fairway WoodSpecial Price $395.00 Regular Price $450.00
- Modart MA01DS DriverSpecial Price $855.00 Regular Price $900.00
- 2016 Ryoma Maxima Driver - Type DSpecial Price $703.00 Regular Price $740.00
- Ryoma Ladies U UtilitySpecial Price $399.00 Regular Price $420.00
- Yururi Tataki Wedge$150.00
- 2016 Ryoma Golf Cap$40.00
- Basileus UT Utility ShaftSpecial Price $275.00 Regular Price $350.00
- SEVEN 2016 Original Wedge$250.00
- Iomic LTC Moebius GripsSpecial Price $16.80 Regular Price $18.00
- Honma Tour World TW-PT PutterSpecial Price $450.00 Regular Price $495.00