Miura Giken 2014 MB-5005 Forged Iron is the latest iron set to add to the ever popular Miura line up. It features a brand new design that adds forgiveness to the superior feel and playability that Miura clubs are known for. It has a slightly larger size than the previous Muscle Back irons, but still a compact enough size that is appealing to the better players.
Standard finish is Satin and ships in 2-3 days. We also offer BLACK finish as a custom upgrade order that takes 3-4 weeks to ship.
#3 iron is a special order and it takes 3-4 weeks to ship.
Features and Technology
- S25C WDD Accurate Forged head for soft and consistent feel.
- 15 grams heavier head than the previous MB model with lowered CG to promote a higher launch.
- Unique cavity within the Muscle Back to distribute weighting evenly in the toe and heel; making it easier to produce a straight flight.
- Minimal offset design to allow for workability in both directions.
- Slightly wider sole than the previous MB for smooth flow across any surface.
- Thin top line, compact head, and smooth rounded toe that is popular among better players.
Read the full review on these irons here: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/blog/miura-giken-japan-mb-5005-blade-or-cavity-back/
- Peculiar Miura Review by Kim
Design Overall Quality Performance
I am on the six set of different Miuras and can not figure out what is not right with either these heads or myself.
They are different and after first days of love with the new set it started, properly the shaft was not right so I swapped shafts till I bled.yes they play but my feedback is missing as opposed to a set of his blades.at the same time the generosity of his cavity backs are missing.no mass right behind the ball at a strike nor confidence to hit a bit of the sweet spot.
I learned from Miura always to trust what he made as it always ended up being for a good reason that he did it that way.After most of a season taking these in and out of the bag in various specs and shafting a I am still puzzled what he is telling me.it is a bit as he tried to pack the best of a cavity and a blade into one iron but somehow ended up missing the virtues of both types.
Yes the play quite well but so can most clubs they are just never telling me who they really are so after a year we still do not know each other.
I have clubs that are friends and some are teachers these are strangers that do not let me in to their world.Boades are back in the bag but I will take out the 505 from time to time to see if not one day we can really get to understand each other.
In the end Miura always seem to be right when I doubt his effort and intend.
(Posted on 7/26/2015)