Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress
Register now to gain access to all of our features.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to view photos, create topics, post replies to existing threads, write private messages and so much more.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

JDM driver heads vs R11s v2 (tour issue 440cc) head.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sandee11

sandee11

TSG Whiz

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Brand of Choice:Yamaha,epon, ryoma, Jbeam, crazy ,quadra, yururi
Anyone hit both? Can compare?

Vegaman

Vegaman

TSG Expert

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Interests:Golf! Guitar playing, exercise
  • Handicap:10
  • Brand of Choice:Bridgestone, Vega, Rife, Miyazaki

• What's in the Bag?:
    Vega Raf-CM blades 4-pw. Yururi Rupas 56 and 60, Epon 52. Srixon forged Z-uti 2 iron. Callaway hawk eye titanium 4W with Superio Shaft. Tourstage X-drive 703 with Crazy LY-02 Xstiff. Honma Athport Driver. Vega DAF with Miyazaki Kusala Black 72X. Rife 2-bar blade. Oakley Bag.
I didn't even know there was sucha a thing as a 440 R11S v2, so no I have never hit that. Sounds interesting though

sandee11

sandee11

TSG Whiz

• Members
  • 397 posts
Is tour issue only head. I don't think is available to retail store....

d*ch

d*ch

TSG Super Rookie

• Members
  • 27 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
    TRPX S-013 Crazy (Cool Driver), Ryoma Crazy, EPON 302, ONOFF -TS358 (love it) PRGR New Egg FW (too wimpy), Yamaha Wedge, Tourstage X-Wedge (Like it), Putter
    Cameron Monterey (y'all golfers - many nice courses in Monterey and Carmel)
I did not see R11s V2 driver at the Sacramento golf demo. Tried R11s - did not knock my socks off. They list R11s V2 on eBay.

http://golf wrx/foru...r11s-9-v2-head/

http://bsg/Invision/...on-2-prototype/

Edited by d*ch, 10 July 2012 - 08:34 AM.

robbie

robbie

TSG Master

• 10 Year Original Member
  • 1434 posts

• Quote: Go
  • Handicap:6
  • Brand of Choice:none

• What's in the Bag?:
    Ping G30 w/ tour 65 S
    Ping K15 3wd
    Kasco 44 reg flex
    Epon AF302 copper 3-PW w/Modus 120 SS 2X
    Taylormade ATV w/ Ctaper 52/56/60
    Taylormade spider proto C/S
ive gamed the R11 V2 for a few rounds, its a good head but its hard to compare to JDM heads. There are all sort of JDm heads with all types of designs and characteristics......this head plays very similar to the japanese 440cc heads like the yamaha v202 and the crazy 435 II. It performs well but the finish sure chips easily. If this club fits u in terms of launch and backspin, its a excellent club.

sandee11

sandee11

TSG Whiz

• Members
  • 397 posts
How about in terms of feel? I am worry about those R11s V2 head feels dead or too hard. I'm considering getting one because I can change shaft anytime I want. Got about a few shafts without head.

Robbie, is this head low spin like the 435ll? Thx!

driverhead

driverhead

TSG Regular

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Handicap:1
  • Brand of Choice:Whatever works.

• What's in the Bag?:
    Driver -Geotech Quelot LE , Romaro Rype R, Testing 2014 Gloire, JBEAM Glorious
    Prgr egg 2013 16.5, 7w Geotech 3w le 17 degree
    PRGR EGG 2014 4 5 6 util , Super EGG 7-AS wedge, Ping Karsten 8-SW , ON OFF SHINGO

Putter Odyssey TANK CRUISER 7 38 " COUNTERBALANCE

How about in terms of feel? I am worry about those R11s V2 head feels dead or too hard. I'm considering getting one because I can change shaft anytime I want. Got about a few shafts without head.

Robbie, is this head low spin like the 435ll? Thx!

I have hit all of the Taylormade Tour issue drivers. The R11S V2 didn't impress me at all. At 440 cc its smaller than the retail version. It has a very hard feel at impact. The tour issue version of the RBZ driver (NOT THE RBZ tour) is very impressive. The head is very explosive and solid (right up with the best JDM drivers). I have a Glorie with a CRAZY 553 proto , and shafted the RBZ tour issue with a CRAZY TJ-46. (Both great COMBOs).

robbie

robbie

TSG Master

• 10 Year Original Member
  • 1434 posts

• Quote: Go
  • Handicap:6
  • Brand of Choice:none

• What's in the Bag?:
    Ping G30 w/ tour 65 S
    Ping K15 3wd
    Kasco 44 reg flex
    Epon AF302 copper 3-PW w/Modus 120 SS 2X
    Taylormade ATV w/ Ctaper 52/56/60
    Taylormade spider proto C/S
Its really hard for me to say.....with JDM clubs, the specs are usually spot on ! The usa clubs however vary in loft tremendously ! A 8.5 is usually really a static 10 degree.....anyways the r11s V2 that i had was fairly low spinning but i didnt have my gamer shaft in it so it would be hard to compare. Ive heard very good things about the "tour" rbz ......if i was going after tm, i would certainly look into that