Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress
Register now to gain access to all of our features.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to view photos, create topics, post replies to existing threads, write private messages and so much more.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

1 bag for a year NO changes...,

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts
  • Interests:taking apart perfectly good clubs, and shuffling ,shuffling .

• Quote: " 5-5-10 standard docs old boy, short and crooked "
  • Handicap:3.9
  • Brand of Choice:J D M

• What's in the Bag?:
    PRGR- diamana-RYOMA-crazy-GOLDS FACTORY- nspro-FOURTEEN-tourtsage
i was discussing this with my bud yesterday he said ok u duuuurty littel club ho...,
thats it , YOU are alllowed one bag of 14 clubs no more ,thats it for a yr
what is it ?

so i ponderd it and heres what i think coud be my best allround set.
1-driver
2- spoon
3-cleek
4-ute
5-pw irons
11-13 52* -56* 60*
14 -putter

i argued ferociously that i need 15 with one floater which would be a 4 iron but he was adamant ur only allowed 14 on a track so thast all ur allowed in a bag!

so here the list of barands and shafts........,

PUTTER-----
the toughest decision , , obviously this is the one that potentially can lead u the most astray if its not working well , so for consistantcy i had to plumb for the golden bear. this thing is HUGE i mean enormous. but over time i have putted better with this old hacked up thing than every flashy putter i own
others play better on fast greens others better on slow, but for 1 yr on all surfaces ithink this is the kahoona.
WEDGES-----
now , THIS was a really tough call, bec of the varying surfaces i play on .. the comp was between yururi tour,, yururi seida,tourstage x wedge, kyoei rafw07 and 03, miura wmf 03, yururi rupas
each set of these was chosen for a differnt reason some are wide soled some thin other s conforming some ballshreaders
but the baggers i decided upon the
60*--yururi 1.618
56*--miura wmf 03
52*--tourstage x wedge

the yururi 1.618 i have found to be the most relaible to get close s to the pin from hideous angles and bunkers over time, it is shafted with a NS 950s for close quarter shots , works better than everything else ive hit for those shots, i have to bag that considering how bad my iron play is right now,my ultimate rescue wedge.
the miura 56* is just the best looking to my eye , easy to spin it works brilliantly in sand , clips the ball clean of hard pan, chunks it well thru rough and is solid on lush. over all i have to bag this.
the 52* was the tourstage bec i find this is the best for knock downs form 75 95 yards and chips to the pin around the green, i love the sole on it not the biggest spin club which ilike bec i can roll it close shafted with NS wv 125 s .
IRONS----
whooooooooa boy, my achilies heel at the moment so many choices. epon 302, kyoei v muscle, yururi flatback, zonesprout proto, fourteen tc1000, tourtage 901, sakamoto blade, prgr md 900. coonsidering i have to make this decision now. with an eye for palying well agn SOONER than later, i had to go for the kyoei v muscles with the NS modus 3 ,just a tad lighter and higher than the SP blue and with more feel . overall ithink i play the zone sprouts better, but i presume ill get better agn soon so the best irons i enjoy the most are the kyoeis.
UTILITY--
must be in the bag it is the 22* bec i bagged a 5 wood i went for 22* egg 5 iron ns 1150 s .
just a simpl easy toi hit but long an d high club can land this like a feather and can also really rip into it, and versatility from horrible lies is terrific.
one of my best inventions this thing , the yamaha ute would clsoe go in if it was 22* but i ahvnt got that
5 WOOD---
i must have this in my bag its my if the going gets tough this comes out club. ultra reliable for em if things blow up on t he dricve 3 wood front .
its long enough to hit off a tee about 250 ish , and accurate enough to get me outta trouble, many contenders here, but the play i need with this is for green searching par 5s to come up just short, moveability and imagination if needed. the best 5 wood ivep layed is the Royal collection , and any of them wil do , but the latest 304p is prob the cream of the crop shafted with the crazy 80 fw 8.2
3 WOOD----
my enormous and extensive search last yre unearthe many and varied, this si where ive prob hit more differnt clubs thananything esle.
the best i hit were the RC 304p, RC bbd, yamaha v 14,birth proto,pr-gr egg , tour edge exotocs cb1,diablo (yes...!) for vaired reasons they all are still semi in a rotation.
but i like my 3 wood as a driver alternate incase things go wrong with the howitzahhhhhhhhhh.so i had to go for the extra distance and ability off the deck of the yamaha v 14* shafted with my kali 70 s , after palying this on sunday i thought imust be insane to swap it. its a beautuful flight low launch super long and plenty of roll can smash it off a tee without ballooning the eother perform better in certian cons ,but for one yr play this is it. complements the RC 5 wood as well differnt styles of club. the 5 wood is for working and plotting the 3 wood is for chkchkl kaBOOOOOOOOOOM.
DRIVER----
ah where to start on my fave club. i did a quick mental count of how many drivers i hit last yr and i got to 40 and just gave up, there wre plenty more than that as well. its been narrowed down to 4 beceuase of thier all ound game. i have the 2008 yamaha v 4.6---GD p9003x...., the epon 102 --crazy 80 ls 7.7.. the jbeam tour crazy 80 ls 7.7.. and the epon 102 quadra proto 75xs .,
the others i have are simply brilliant pieces but these represent the most verstaile workable in my lot . the ryoma was close but after one round i cant really say, as was the yamaha stinger 70x
so
the one that gets the nod is the................. EPON 102 8.5, quadra proto 75xs ........,

one of the longest and most workable pieces in my collection , over all its workability length and my confidence with it in my hands just make it my best all rounder. the epon feel and the proto shaft just suit beautifully. its workable enough to get a bit of draw and fade and when u cannon one down the pipes well its just as good as anything.
miss**ts are not severly punished distance is still excellent dispersion good. and most of all feelis just awsome....., love this stick!
and if i need to push the ball about a bit i have the best results with this.
BAG---
as i wil be travelling and need a bit of liight weight action the mizuno kinoshohampu is just awsome. aluminium frame in a super robust canvas bag, this wont tear in ahurry!
so here it is...,

epon 102 8.5* quadra prototype 75xs
yamaha v 14--diamana kaili 70s
royal collection 304p--craZy 80 fw 8.2
pr-gr egg 22*--ns 1150s
5-pw kyoei v muscle -- NS modus 3 120 s
tourstage x wedge 03-NS wv 125 s
miura wmf-03 --ns wv 125 s
yururi 1.618--ns 950 s
golden bear GB1
all wrapped up in the kinoshohampu carry bag.

LOVE to post piccys of these but will have to wait till ireturn (if ever ) to tokyo.

what say u all ?????????????????

sept,  club champs bag 

jbeam 435 9.5*----diamana stinger 70x

kasco FD 12.8*----diamanastinger X

syard XV 18*----diamana stigner X

honma Hw-u 21*  driving iron-----diamana stinger 70XX

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

fourteen mt-28 ts spec  50*-56*

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5

tourstage (r.i.p)  x-01 z

There is no secret.says Miguel,  "Good food, good wine, good cigars and some exercise"

Spoon

Spoon

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 6701 posts

• Quote: persistence is all i am about
  • Brand of Choice:Epon

i was discussing this with my bud yesterday he said ok u duuuurty littel club ho...,
thats it , YOU are alllowed one bag of 14 clubs no more ,thats it for a yr
what is it ?

so i ponderd it and heres what i think coud be my best allround set.
1-driver
2- spoon
3-cleek
4-ute
5-pw irons
11-13 52* -56* 60*
14 -putter

i argued ferociously that i need 15 with one floater which would be a 4 iron but he was adamant ur only allowed 14 on a track so thast all ur allowed in a bag!

so here the list of barands and shafts........,

PUTTER-----
the toughest decision , , obviously this is the one that potentially can lead u the most astray if its not working well , so for consistantcy i had to plumb for the golden bear. this thing is HUGE i mean enormous. but over time i have putted better with this old hacked up thing than every flashy putter i own
others play better on fast greens others better on slow, but for 1 yr on all surfaces ithink this is the kahoona.
WEDGES-----
now , THIS was a really tough call, bec of the varying surfaces i play on .. the comp was between yururi tour,, yururi seida,tourstage x wedge, kyoei rafw07 and 03, miura wmf 03, yururi rupas
each set of these was chosen for a differnt reason some are wide soled some thin other s conforming some ballshreaders
but the baggers i decided upon the
60*--yururi 1.618
56*--miura wmf 03
52*--tourstage x wedge

the yururi 1.618 i have found to be the most relaible to get close s to the pin from hideous angles and bunkers over time, it is shafted with a NS 950s for close quarter shots , works better than everything else ive hit for those shots, i have to bag that considering how bad my iron play is right now,my ultimate rescue wedge.
the miura 56* is just the best looking to my eye , easy to spin it works brilliantly in sand , clips the ball clean of hard pan, chunks it well thru rough and is solid on lush. over all i have to bag this.
the 52* was the tourstage bec i find this is the best for knock downs form 75 95 yards and chips to the pin around the green, i love the sole on it not the biggest spin club which ilike bec i can roll it close shafted with NS wv 125 s .
IRONS----
whooooooooa boy, my achilies heel at the moment so many choices. epon 302, kyoei v muscle, yururi flatback, zonesprout proto, fourteen tc1000, tourtage 901, sakamoto blade, prgr md 900. coonsidering i have to make this decision now. with an eye for palying well agn SOONER than later, i had to go for the kyoei v muscles with the NS modus 3 ,just a tad lighter and higher than the SP blue and with more feel . overall ithink i play the zone sprouts better, but i presume ill get better agn soon so the best irons i enjoy the most are the kyoeis.
UTILITY--
must be in the bag it is the 22* bec i bagged a 5 wood i went for 22* egg 5 iron ns 1150 s .
just a simpl easy toi hit but long an d high club can land this like a feather and can also really rip into it, and versatility from horrible lies is terrific.
one of my best inventions this thing , the yamaha ute would clsoe go in if it was 22* but i ahvnt got that
5 WOOD---
i must have this in my bag its my if the going gets tough this comes out club. ultra reliable for em if things blow up on t he dricve 3 wood front .
its long enough to hit off a tee about 250 ish , and accurate enough to get me outta trouble, many contenders here, but the play i need with this is for green searching par 5s to come up just short, moveability and imagination if needed. the best 5 wood ivep layed is the Royal collection , and any of them wil do , but the latest 304p is prob the cream of the crop shafted with the crazy 80 fw 8.2
3 WOOD----
my enormous and extensive search last yre unearthe many and varied, this si where ive prob hit more differnt clubs thananything esle.
the best i hit were the RC 304p, RC bbd, yamaha v 14,birth proto,pr-gr egg , tour edge exotocs cb1,diablo (yes...!) for vaired reasons they all are still semi in a rotation.
but i like my 3 wood as a driver alternate incase things go wrong with the howitzahhhhhhhhhh.so i had to go for the extra distance and ability off the deck of the yamaha v 14* shafted with my kali 70 s , after palying this on sunday i thought imust be insane to swap it. its a beautuful flight low launch super long and plenty of roll can smash it off a tee without ballooning the eother perform better in certian cons ,but for one yr play this is it. complements the RC 5 wood as well differnt styles of club. the 5 wood is for working and plotting the 3 wood is for chkchkl kaBOOOOOOOOOOM.
DRIVER----
ah where to start on my fave club. i did a quick mental count of how many drivers i hit last yr and i got to 40 and just gave up, there wre plenty more than that as well. its been narrowed down to 4 beceuase of thier all ound game. i have the 2008 yamaha v 4.6---GD p9003x...., the epon 102 --crazy 80 ls 7.7.. the jbeam tour crazy 80 ls 7.7.. and the epon 102 quadra proto 75xs .,
the others i have are simply brilliant pieces but these represent the most verstaile workable in my lot . the ryoma was close but after one round i cant really say, as was the yamaha stinger 70x
so
the one that gets the nod is the................. EPON 102 8.5, quadra proto 75xs ........,

one of the longest and most workable pieces in my collection , over all its workability length and my confidence with it in my hands just make it my best all rounder. the epon feel and the proto shaft just suit beautifully. its workable enough to get a bit of draw and fade and when u cannon one down the pipes well its just as good as anything.
miss**ts are not severly punished distance is still excellent dispersion good. and most of all feelis just awsome....., love this stick!
and if i need to push the ball about a bit i have the best results with this.
BAG---
as i wil be travelling and need a bit of liight weight action the mizuno kinoshohampu is just awsome. aluminium frame in a super robust canvas bag, this wont tear in ahurry!
so here it is...,

epon 102 8.5* quadra prototype 75xs
yamaha v 14--diamana kaili 70s
royal collection 304p--craZy 80 fw 8.2
pr-gr egg 22*--ns 1150s
5-pw kyoei v muscle -- NS modus 3 120 s
tourstage x wedge 03-NS wv 125 s
miura wmf-03 --ns wv 125 s
yururi 1.618--ns 950 s
golden bear GB1
all wrapped up in the kinoshohampu carry bag.

LOVE to post piccys of these but will have to wait till ireturn (if ever ) to tokyo.

what say u all ?????????????????

Ha ha when i saw one bag for one year and you posting it i nearly spat the soda i was drinking on my laptop.
you gotta be kidding me stew?? more like bag of the month, oh wait nooooo bag of the week:) all kidding
aside i think it will be a major practice in self discipline but i think its doable......just dont go to your club
builder, golf shop or log on to tsg for one year and youl be fine.

i for one if put in the same situation would be an easy call. i hardly change irons so that would be no problem.
i say i change iron shafts the most and on my 13th set of shafts in less than 365 days. hopefully the dgs300s
will last. i have changed irons 4 times last year, Epon 502, Yonex nano vs, onoff cb247 and now the combo
epon set. dont see this changing, also helps that im injured so that is included in the year:)

i havent changed my driver so i am not worried, i have had 5 shaft changes and am favor of the quadra, i can
see myself using this combo for another year. but got my eyes on the ryoma vspec 9.5 but that doesnt look like
i will do that anytime soon.

now the woods is a bit of a tricky proposition as i have never gamed the yamaha yet, but for teh purpose of
practicability and ease the egg would have been the right choice but its with the wife now and dont wanna swap
shafts anymore. so im stuck with the yamaha14*

hybrid is the 19* 901. ave had this since it first came out 3 years ago. no problems here, im looking to replace
with a yamaha ut but either or will have to do but am leaning towards the yamaha for those shots from the rough.

now for wedges have experimented over the season, 50/56, 50/54/58 51/57 i sold my 54/58 210s as i was not
happy with the conforming model. i need the added bite of a non conforming model, i aint competing or anything
like that so i dont need a conforming model. i am suited for a 50 and 56 combo. i can pretty much open a 56 so
having an extra piece of 60 is not worth it in my book. so 50/56 is ideal for me right now.

as for the putter, tahnks to stew i discovered the axis 1. really revolutionary and love it. so far so good and i can
see myself using this for years to come.

so if i had to decide right now:

EPON 102 10.5 QFEX 65S current gamer
14deg 3 wood yamaha inpres x v current
19 deg yamaha inpres ut ( searching for one)
4-pw Epon combo set 702, 502, 302 w s300
50/56 epon kgx 208 and 56 mystery wedge with DGS400 ti current gamers
putter: axis 1 current gamer.

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
for a year how hard is it to say that.
the missus has the egg now?
wow thats a trooper that one
once u try that yamaha ute wu will be instantly hooked.
and ur in luck bec ill pull my DG s300 shaft for the modus or NS blue and u can have it , this is the stock one it came with . bec i know u like the dg s300s

sept,  club champs bag 

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5

There is no secret.says Miguel,  "Good food, good wine, good cigars and some exercise"

Spoon

Spoon

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 6701 posts

for a year how hard is it to say that.
the missus has the egg now?
wow thats a trooper that one
once u try that yamaha ute wu will be instantly hooked.
and ur in luck bec ill pull my DG s300 shaft for the modus or NS blue and u can have it , this is the stock one it came with . bec i know u like the dg s300s

yeah she has the egg now. she cannot hit woods, shes more of an iron player that takes divots. she has the ss to use make the most of
her long irons, her pw is 115 yards. shes had a variety of woods over the years but the egg she can wallop up to 185-190. im glad she
likes it, if that was a 15 would be another story.

yeah the ute is next on my list, im not quite sure about a steel shaft on a ute ute, Diron no prob. help me source one out!

Eca

Eca

TSG Master

• Members
  • 1128 posts
  • Interests:Cycling & Golf

• Quote: I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.
  • Handicap:6
  • Brand of Choice:Crazy, PRGR, Kamui

• What's in the Bag?:
    Kamui Pro TP-07 Nitro Foam - Ratis Touale
    PRGR Egg Spoon HD 14.5* - Crazy FW80 7.4 La Bomba
    Legacy Black Ute 18* - Stock Speed Metalix
    Kamui Kp101 Project x
    Kamui BW02 Gap Project x
    Tourstage Maru 53/59 DGs300
    Miura KM-350
Mine will be what's in my current bag with the the top 2 'coming' items except possibly for a ryoma head instead of 9064ls (wishful thinking). The other driver & 3 wood will be either back up or or going to ebay.

gocchin

gocchin

On a break

• +Administrators
  • 5701 posts
  • Interests:Jpop, Computers, Golf, Kawaii Idols, Cars
All I can say is... IMPOSSIBLE!

One same bag for a year.... I think many hardcore members would have a hard time achieving that, especially you Stew! (^_~)

I definitely can't!

Stew if you are hitting your irons so bad right now I would switch out the V Muscle.

Honestly if I had to choose a bag that did not change for a year I may choose all the easiest clubs I can play.

I'd have to think about that.... (^_^)

Shambles

Shambles

TSG Regular

• Members
  • 217 posts
That used to be easy to do.

These days, with the internet and easy reading on any subject, it seems impossible. It might be possible if I destroy my computer. Thinking...

Shambles

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
ha! yes
well all the shops are shut in tokyo at 6pm so i cant go and pick things up any more so this MIGHT be feasible for me!

sept,  club champs bag 

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5

skippercarey

skippercarey

TSG Member

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Handicap:1

• What's in the Bag?:
    Taylormade Supertri Tour Issue V2 Crazy TJ 80
    Royal Collection 304P 14* Accra SE80 M5
    Adams Prototype 3446-F 16* Accra XE80 M5
    Epon 302 3 Iron NipponSP Blue X Flex
    Epon AF Tours 4-PW Nippon SP Blue X Flex
    Epon 208 Wedges 56,60
    Heavy Putter Centre Shaft
    Epon Cart Bag
    Gripmaster Leather Grips
    Bushnell 1600 Tournament Laser Rangefinder
Yeah i think this would be rather difficult for most tsg members, maybe if the manufacturers didnt release new gear every year we might have a chance................or in taylormades case every week!! I can honestly say that my irons would last longer than a year.......hell my previous mizunos i had for 10 years but as for drivers, fairways, wedges and putters thir on permanant rotation most of the year, but i wouldnt have it any other way! theres no greater feeling than when the post man arrives with your latest and greatest toy!! i cant get to the course quick enough to test it out

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
hahahahahhaa yes indeed its impossible
theres no way id be able to commit to just what i ahd but if i absoilutley had to........., lets say all my other clubs got irradiated and only these survived then id be happy with that lot.
i dont get that feeling of the postman knocking bec everything is at my fingertips no more han 1800 meteres form my house .
i have to pass temptation every singele working day to get home . and its always too much for me to pass up always some little pearl sitting there waiting!

sept,  club champs bag 

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5

Spoon

Spoon

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 6701 posts

hahahahahhaa yes indeed its impossible
theres no way id be able to commit to just what i ahd but if i absoilutley had to........., lets say all my other clubs got irradiated and only these survived then id be happy with that lot.
i dont get that feeling of the postman knocking bec everything is at my fingertips no more han 1800 meteres form my house .
i have to pass temptation every singele working day to get home . and its always too much for me to pass up always some little pearl sitting there waiting!

dont be to hard on yourself bro, your in the absolute epicenter of the most fabulous golf equipment known to man. so you would have it tougher than most tsger's.
we have to order our stuff online and wait couple of days til we get it in our hands. i bet it would be tough for most to resist.

something good happens though as you keep unloading your gear and we outside the chocolate factory get to taste some of those goodies.

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
hha yea ill tell you now ......
when i get back to tokyo next week im believe....,
i wil do a thorough inventory stocktake
and anything that isnt glowing will be posted here for sale
this littel episode has scared me to death hoarding too mnay goodies
so next week fellas if ur a yamaha driver fan,
a yururi wedge fan..,
cpl of exotic pieces that only i have then u might be in luck.........,
bec i WILL be clearing the bags!!!!!!

sept,  club champs bag 

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5

Spoon

Spoon

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 6701 posts

hha yea ill tell you now ......
when i get back to tokyo next week im believe....,
i wil do a thorough inventory stocktake
and anything that isnt glowing will be posted here for sale
this littel episode has scared me to death hoarding too mnay goodies
so next week fellas if ur a yamaha driver fan,
a yururi wedge fan..,
cpl of exotic pieces that only i have then u might be in luck.........,
bec i WILL be clearing the bags!!!!!!

you know my email address! love checking out your stuff.
unfortunately im postive a yamaha ute wont be included lol

Eca

Eca

TSG Master

• Members
  • 1128 posts
  • Interests:Cycling & Golf

• Quote: I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.
  • Handicap:6
  • Brand of Choice:Crazy, PRGR, Kamui

• What's in the Bag?:
    Kamui Pro TP-07 Nitro Foam - Ratis Touale
    PRGR Egg Spoon HD 14.5* - Crazy FW80 7.4 La Bomba
    Legacy Black Ute 18* - Stock Speed Metalix
    Kamui Kp101 Project x
    Kamui BW02 Gap Project x
    Tourstage Maru 53/59 DGs300
    Miura KM-350
Agree with the Computer thing and info being so readily available. In 1999 a bought a set which laster til 2004 and i had a 4 year break. Late 2008 i came back to the game and was happily using the same set. Then i found out my driver is non conforming.. then used PC to research then discovered different forums including TSG.. then learned about EBAY.. No clubs lasted more than 6 months except current irons.. Now learning JSpec Gear..the good news is that my game did improve.. well a bit lol and im enjoying the shopping part haha

Edited by Eca, 24 March 2011 - 04:12 AM.

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
the way i started out
i was using ping zing green dots for 10 yrs and ddint mind them
then my boss gave me a set of prgr data 811s and ifell inlove instantly
used those for 4 yrs and stil ahve them when im 10000 yrs old il go back to them they are that good.
changed up to the prgr 900mds nad used those for 3 yrs
then the wheels fell off and i bought everything!
i thought the JDM are so much better than the american stuff. the only pieces of american left a are a TM burner ute in 22* and a diablo driver and 3w 5w

they arnt even in the same league , but i will say they are straight and accurate

sept,  club champs bag 

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5

Spoon

Spoon

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 6701 posts

the way i started out
i was using ping zing green dots for 10 yrs and ddint mind them
then my boss gave me a set of prgr data 811s and ifell inlove instantly
used those for 4 yrs and stil ahve them when im 10000 yrs old il go back to them they are that good.
changed up to the prgr 900mds nad used those for 3 yrs
then the wheels fell off and i bought everything!
i thought the JDM are so much better than the american stuff. the only pieces of american left a are a TM burner ute in 22* and a diablo driver and 3w 5w

they arnt even in the same league , but i will say they are straight and accurate

actually my dad is the opposite, hes been playing golf for almost 45 years and in that time
may have had more sets than the population of okinawa but since he discovered JDM in the
late 80s hes kept his sets longer. i think he first got hooked with the daiwa boron irons then
the PRGR data, then the Sword izu max irons then epon and thats where it has stayed.

he is releived that he doesnt have to go with changing his irons every 3 months with the latest
offerings of TM, PING etc etc. actually saved him lots of dough, when i first started golf i remember
changing my set only when my dad would upgrade. i started the game later in life so the first thing
i reached were a set of mizzys, then the sword izu, then a load of epons, shins, yamahas and back
full circle although prob not as bad as he was when he was rotating American irons.

idrive

idrive

TSG Madman

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Interests:Golf - Cars - Sports - Travel - Good Meals

• Quote: No brag, just fact
  • Handicap:5
  • Brand of Choice:Today or tomorrow?

• What's in the Bag?:
    Which One??
I'm not saying I haven't bought and tried a few others... with
more on the way...

but it's really scary to look at my tourney bag... officially a
year old + some clubs even longer. Putter is going on 4 years.

I can't believe it.
J-D-M

supo67

supo67

TSG Jedi

• Members
  • 5912 posts

• What's in the Bag?:
yea thats a good point the match bag wont change a lot , its more the periphery clubs that get turned over a ton.
the hardest thing for me is the putter , the driver i can do , the woods fine , the irons ok , wedges hmm thats tough as well.
i could do it.. ........................, i cetianly wont.. but i could.

sept,  club champs bag 

pr-gr idbl ---NS 2g18s

yururi 1.618,  61*  lw

HM/golds  hmb5